Mountaintop Trail Rally
Big Bear’s Mountaintop Trail Rally is just what it says it is – a gathering… for trail users… on the top of a mountain… and we want you there. Equal parts race and leisure, MTR is much more than getting out on trails. It’s a celebration of our beautiful trail system in Big Bear and what all trail stakeholders (which includes the community) have accomplished improving it throughout the years. What’s more, all proceeds directly benefit Big Bear’s trail system, so we’ll have more to celebrate next year.
Presented by Team Big Bear, and through the strong partnership between the Southern California Mountains Foundation and the Big Bear Valley Trails Foundation, the Mountaintop Trail Rally aims to unite the widest range of trail users in a single place through 4 events: a competitive mountain bike race, non-competitive mountain bike ride, trail run, and hike. In other words, any way you enjoy the trails up here using muscle power you will love participating in this event!
- The event will be held at Snow Summit in Big Bear Lake, CA.
- All entry fees include a Sky Chair ride to the top of the resort and Lunch ($30 Value).
- Sky Chair lifts open at 8:30 am for this event, so start early for cooler temps.
Funds Raised Go Directly To:
Choose from 4 Events
- Skyline Time Trial, presented by Team Big Bear – $65, 9 am start time. Lift rides and lunch included. Lifts open at 9am- early riders get cooler temps! Description: Ride for the fastest time in your category on the famous Skyline trail, east to west. Entry fee includes a Sky Chair ride to start at the top of Snow Summit, the race from Skyline west to east, then another Sky Chair ride afterwards to join the party and eat your included lunch at the Skyline Taproom. The course for this race is outlined in purple on the map below. Register here.
- Vertical Mile Run, brought to you by Kodiak Kids Trail Runs – $30, all ages, race starts at 11 am. Sky chair ride down and lunch included. Please show up by 9 am to register. Description: Runners will begin with a gun and head up Snow Summit’s Log Chute Trail designed specifically for runners and hikers only. Elevation gain is around 1500’, so come prepared for a fun challenge. All ages are welcome, and all participants receive a lunch at Snow Summit’s Skyline Taproom and a Sky Chair ride to the bottom after the race. The course for this run is outlined in orange on the map below. Register here.
- Mountain Bike Ride, hosted by Girls Gone Riding – $35, rolling start from 9:30 am -12:00 pm. Description: Come one, come all! If you like to mountain bike, or have an interest in trying, this one’s for you! Entry fee includes a Sky Chair ride to the top of Snow Summit to ride down the super fun, all abilities Going Green Trail which is just over 2 miles in length. When you reach the bottom of the trail, you’ll take another Sky Chair afterwards to join the party and to eat an included lunch at the Skyline Taproom. The course for this ride is outlined in red on the map below. Register here.
- Mountain Hike – promoted by the Sierra Club – $30, rolling start from 10 am – 12:00 pm. Description: Come be a part of Big Bear’s trail community, and come experience a trail you likely haven’t before- Snow Summit’s Log Chute Trail, with an elevation gain of around 1500’. Hike up, and chow down! Lunch at Snow Summit is included. When you’re done, coast down on a Sky Chair back to your car. The course for this hike is outlined in orange on the map below. Register here.