Have fun in the forest with great people while making a difference in the world. What else could you want? No experience necessary. Check out this video if you need more convincing. RSVP’s are required.
When: Sunday, October 21, 2012t. Crews start at 9am for a 3 hour trail building sessions.
Where: Skyline Corner, junction of 2N06 and 2N10. Plenty of parking, but consider carpooling or riding your bike.
Carpool: Meet at Bear Mountain Parking Lot to carpool or caravan up to the trailhead at 8:45am.
Provided: trail tools, instruction and leadership, water and snacks. Free lunch served at 12pm.
Needed: clothes that can get dirty, work gloves, a water bottle, hat and sunscreen, big smiles and great attitudes.
The Day’s Goal: dig, rake, and build a sweet section of rolling singletrack through tall ponderosa pines and fir trees. One small step in one large trail adventure.
To Be Expected: we’ll work in small groups and use shovels, mccleods, pulaskis, rakes and loppers to shape and mold the landscape into a new multi-use trail. We will also need people to support the groups by delivering snacks, drinks, and messages.
We Need Crew Leaders!
Do you have experience in building trail? Want to jump in and help out a bit? Let us know…we NEED your help to help other people help our trails. Whew.
RSVP’s are REQUIRED!
Sign up for the morning, afternoon session, or both. We want to make the most of your time and effort, so we base plans and resources on the number of people in planned attendance.
Because of this, your RSVP is essential to a smooth and productive trail day.
- Skyline Build Day: Sunset Session 10/18/2012 Come help us build the next section of the Skyline...
- Skyline Trail 9/23/2012 RSVP HERE! Despite the massive rain we’ve had in Big Bear over...
- Skyline Trail Build Day #1 We’re off and digging! September 23rd brought hands, shovels, and...
- Shovels, South Shore, and Skyline. 7/14/2012 Come on, come all, and help us get this thing...
- Summer 2012 Newsletter As the summer of 2012 closes down on us, here’s...